Skip to Main Content

Veterans’ Benefits

All of Austin Community College’s associate degrees and credit-based career/technical programs are approved for veterans’ educational benefits (most non-credit Continuing Education programs are not approved). To receive veterans’ benefits, contact the Veterans Resource Center, adjacent to the Highland Campus, or a Veterans Affairs Office located at Cypress Creek, Northridge, Riverside, and Round Rock campuses.

All relevant documentation must be submitted and criteria met before certification for benefits will be processed. For more information, including locations and hours of the Veterans Affairs Offices, visit

Advance Payment for Tuition & Fees

Advance payment is intended to help eligible students meet school-related expenses that are concentrated at the beginning of the term. This program is not available to Chapter 33 students. Eligible advance pay recipients are still responsible for paying their tuition when it is due. The processing deadline date for advance pay requests is 30 days prior to the start of the term. Please contact a Veterans Affairs Office regarding eligibility requirements and regulations.

Certification of Veteran’s Benefits

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) requires that each veteran receiving educational benefits follow an approved course of study that will lead to an approved degree or vocational objective. A veteran may not receive payment for courses previously completed, for courses that are in excess of degree or certificate requirements, or for courses that do not apply to an approved degree or certificate. Developmental education courses are eligible for certification if a need has been established based on assessment test results.

Transcripts Evaluated for Credit

All students receiving DVA educational benefits must submit official transcripts of all previous college education and/or vocational training to have those transcripts evaluated for credit. Veterans must also have their military training evaluated.

Academic Standards for Receiving Veteran’s Benefit

Satisfactory academic progress (SAP) must be maintained. Enrollment does not guarantee eligibility for benefits. Check with a Veterans Affairs Office for details about maintaining satisfactory progress.

Support & Services

ACC’s Veterans Affairs specialists are available to help you and your dependents enroll at ACC, pay for college, and receive support and services to meet your college goals. Visit a Veterans Affairs Office for information.

Get Started